FIAP is organised to support Club photography, and only members of Clubs affiliated to an Operational Member of FIAP may apply for FIAP Distinctions. The PAGB is the Operational Member for Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with the Scottish Photographic Federation and the The Welsh Photographic Federation also being Operational Members in their own right.
Anyone interested in the FIAP distinctions must study the whole of this page and the separate page about the FIAP Life Card. Reference documents about the distinctions are provided here by the PAGB FIAP Officer:
CHANGE NOTICE (December 2022)
At the FIAP Congress held in early December 2022 it was decided that previously proposed changes to the requirements for FIAP Distinctions would not be implemented.
This means that the existing rules will remain in place for the foreseeable future. In consequence of this there are the following issues that Exhibitors need to be aware of when planning to enter salons in the near future:
- From 2024 onwards, applicants for AFIAP and EFIAP will require Salon acceptances of prints.
- Applicants for EFIAP can use their AFIAP results towards meeting the requirements for EFIAP.
- Applicants for EFIAP Bronze will NOT be able to use any results towards their application that were gained before the date on their EFIAP certificate, which for PAGB exhibitors is usually about June/July each year.
- There will be no EFIAP Diamond d4 or d5 distinctions.
The download files on this page have been updated to reflect the latest situation. (Refresh your browser to ensure you see the latest versions.)
- About the FIAP Distinctions
- Working Towards Distinctions
- Criteria for FIAP Distinctions
- Criteria for FIAP AV Distinctions
- FIAP Sanctions Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- PAGB Applications Timetable
This section does not apply to members within the Scottish Photographic Federation or the Welsh Photographic Federation, which have separate FIAP Liaison Officers and their own procedures.
AFIAP, EFIAP and EFIAP Levels
Only one submission of applications is permitted in any one given year, and they must all go in together. The closing date for completed applications to reach the PAGB FIAP Liaison Officer will be 31st March each year. The application fee will be advised to applicants.
Due to the high number of applicants, the process starts during the preceding autumn. In August, the FIAP Liaison Officer will publish full details and timetabling here for the forthcoming year’s process, and advertise this via PAGB e-news. Anyone, who has achieved the necessary criteria, will be able to register their wish to apply by following the instructions. There is then plenty of time for everybody to register, and to complete and submit their applications.
TIMETABLE for 2023 applications.
Prospective applicants should contact the FIAP Officer. The application fee will be advised to applicants.
MFIAP Roll of Honour: PAGB List